One of the great things about blogs is that they automatically add the most recent post at the top. But that’s also a problem when you’re using a blog to tell a story: the natural way to tell a story is to start at the beginning. So, herewith, the chronological guide to 2019’s Lavezzi trip to Italy.
- September 19: Preflight Check
- September 20: Italy 2019, In Flight
- September 21: A Tale of Three Cities
- September 22: We Play the Palace
- September 23: Exploring Genoa
- September 24: Life on the Farm
- September 25: Wash Day
- September 26: Following the Valley
- September 27: So, about This Feast . . .
- September 28: The Other Side of the Valley
- September 29: And Now, the Feast!
- September 30: We Drive the Boot
- October 1: Cave Dwellers
- October 2: From Sasso to Trullo
- October 3: Our Night in a Trullo
- October 8: Return to the Shire
- October 25: Postlude
And a warning: it’s not over yet. I limited myself to posting one photo per day, but I brought back hundreds more–in fact, that was one of my goals on the trip. I plan to make a sort of online photo scrapbook, telling the story of the trip through its pictures. Bad news: I’d be surprised if it were done before January 1. But then, the pictures aren’t going anywhere; and for a while at least, neither am I.